Lamb Casserole with Tomatoes and OlivesCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
High in Protein, Low in GI
Warm yourself up this winter with this old-school slow-cooked lamb casserole.
1kg thick cut neck chops
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions (peeled and quartered)
4 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered)
4 large chunks of pumpkin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c
- Trim the excess fat from the chops and cut them in half where they naturally divide.
- Flour the chops heavily.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frypan and cook them until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Lay the chops in a casserole dish with the onions and the chunks of potatoes and pumpkin.
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Add enough water to just cover everything in the dish
- Place in the oven and simmer for two hours or until the meat is tender and the gravy is thick and bubbling
- Make sure to remove any bones from the chops before serving